God is writing another story

God is writing another story. It starts with 3 Johnsons, a ministry to unwed mothers in Taiwan, 2 passionate God-loving ladies, an 18 year old girl and 1 tiny baby. Let's see where the story goes...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

HOME STUDY COMPLETE!!!

Eric and I (and lots of other folks too) are praising God with us today.  We received our home study document from our social worker this morning!!!  It was actually ready to go yesterday afternoon, but with our work schedules, neither of us was able to go pick it up.  So this morning after dropping Noelle off at preschool, I immediately headed over to our s.w.'s office.  I had a big grin on my face on the drive over. 

When our s.w. greeted me, I gave her a big hello hug and a thank you card.  She was actually quite surprised to see me, as she thought Eric was the one coming to pick up the home study.  We got right down to business looking over the 5 notarized copies (good thing we did - one of them had no notary stamp) but then ended up talking for about 45 minutes!  We had such a nice visit.  She has ridden right along with us on our 2+ year adoption roller coaster and is truly excited for our adoption of Selah.  Thank you Lord for giving us this social worker and friend!

After our visit I rushed home to the computer to scan and email the home study to His Hands before I had to leave for work.  What an awesome feeling!!  This was our first big milestone for this adoption.  Yes!

And even better,,,this evening (tomorrow morning in Taiwan) we received a lovely email from His Hands saying that they received the Home Study and our Power of Attorney documents and they look GREAT.  Yay!  The email also said some sweet things about Selah is and how excited they are for us to meet her.  I have a big ole cheesy grin on my face.  Ahhhh :)  Thank you Lord for this incredible blessing!!!

No comments: