So what's next in our paperchase? Here is what we **hope** to accomplish by mid-April:
1) This week I'm mailing our change of country application to USCIS, and mailing our marriage license to the Illinois Secretary of State to get it state certified.
2) When our Chinese translated home study, power of attorney and adoption contracts arrive from His Hands via FedEx (next week??), we will take all of our remaining documents to our local county clerk's office for county certification. This has gone quickly for us in the past--last time it took only 20 minutes!
3) Then we will FedEx everything to the Tennessee Secretary of State for state certification.
3) Next we take everything to TECO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office) in Atlanta for authentication.
Power of Attorney
Police Background Checks
4) Last, we FedEx the completed dossier to Holly and Trena at His Hands where they apply for a court date.
I love checking the steps off my list!!! :)